
I recently tracked down a copy of Katherine Briggs' British Folktales because I'd remembered it as being the source for the story I wrote about in my last post, a story I've told for many years, Woman of the Sea. I'd remembered the title as The Seal Skin and it was a poignant, graceful version that I fell in love with immediately. When I received the book, though, I was disappointed to discover that The Seal Skin wasn't in it.
This presents a challenge. The recording I made of this a number of years ago is a pretty faithful retelling of the written version. Now, I don't know for sure the source so I'm not able to credit it accurately.
So, if you listen to this tale and you have a lead on the source of this particular version, I would appreciate the info.
No comments:
Post a Comment