Ahhhh, the weird, wonderful web. I can personally remember a few doomsday predictions that had me either mildly worried or completely freaked out back in the day.
Just a note on those: none of them ever happened.
Just like I believe none of these will ever happen. It would be too easy.
The hard thing is to stay where you are, deal with the messes in front of you, take responsibility for bringing peace, love and abundance to the world in which you currently live. There won't be aliens (which is a disappointment to me, believe me), there won't be global disasters caused by an angry and righteous god in partnership with a gleeful demonic legion - these stories all speak to our desire to have something outside of ourselves take over, be responsible, for just a while. Then we can react - something to bump up against which changes the course of our lives.
Meanwhile, today, this moment, there are actions we can take to create change - tremendous change - in the world around us.
A beautiful poet, Maithri, has introduced me to a profound, soul-enriching path to this change, and I'd like to pass the story on to you. Visit these young heroes and come to know their stories; become a part of their stories if you can.
I've been keenly aware of life's paradoxes this week. I see my own all too well. There's a tale that no one seems to know the origin of, or at least that's what I've been told. I call it Truth and Beauty. It speaks to the paradox of perspective and to the importance of finding one's truth and living by it.
No comments:
Post a Comment